[ppml] Important Documents Concerning ICANN

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Tue Sep 23 02:45:30 EDT 2003

I have quite a bit more questions about this NRO and the documents
released then actual comments. So would the apnic mailing list mentioned
(which indicates as being setup to receive comments) is more like
normal mailing list where questions can be asked and the documents
discussed or is is truly posting-only comments list? Accidently that
mailing list appears to be moderated, but I'm hoping that is just to
protect again spam.

Regarding questions, since I'm neither lawyer, nor politician I need
clarifictin on all that language, possibly list of key points of difference
between new structure (I see in language that NRO would basicly replace
ASO, so it would be ICANN->NRO->RIRs, but before it was ICANN->ASO->RIRs
which seem almost the same...). One such key point I did notice -
requirement for 2/3 votes for ICANN board to reject policy proposals
made by NRO. What are other key points and points of difference with
current (or proposed by ICANN) structure involving ASO?

I also would be interested to know if RIRs tried to resolve disagreements
with new ICANN management as of late (I know you had tried it with old
management, but hopefully ICANN got few new people there now that and
stalled talks can be moved along without necessity of new MOA, which seems
to be done in rather ultimatum like manner by RIRs).