[ppml] Is the time for conservation over?

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Mon Oct 27 10:41:24 EST 2003

> In addition, I don't see any good reason to wait until LIRs come and ask
> for IPv6 space. It's not scarce and the vast majority of IPv4 LIRs will
> be deploying IPv6 sometime. So why don't we just give every single
> one of them an IPv6 /32 today.
I have a better idea. To futher facilitate deployment of IPv6 ARIN should
provide any ISP that has requested IPv6 a rebate of $2000 to help with its
IPv6 network setup, half of this rebate should be given immedialy
upon successfull completion of ARIN application and the rest when
ISP has successfully deployed 200 ipv6 sites as previously agreed
in that application.

:)

--
William Leibzon