[ppml] Allocation and reallocation

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Mon Oct 27 11:58:58 EST 2003

Michael,
        If your proposal does what you claim it will do below, it would be a
bad policy indeed.  There are good reasons for end-user assignments to exist
and not be treated entirely the same as allocations to LIRs.  I would support
a proposal clarifying the terminology and replacing assignment/allocation
distinctions with terms that provided a better description of what is really
going on, although, I would propose that we should include a reference translation
of the historical meaning of the obsoleted terms for people reviewing the archives.

Owen