[ppml] 2002-3 passes including suballocations; 2003-15 also p asses

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Wed Oct 22 14:14:02 EDT 2003

William, All,

Just a small point of explanation related to this announcement.  I believe
it is more appropriate to express that their was a wide margin of support
expressed for each of these policy proposals.  'Passed' suggests that the
process of proposal evaluation is over and that the proposals 'as presented
and voted on' will become policy.

There remains the AC review of the meeting input and then, given that no
substantive changes are made, the proposal(s) would be forwarded to the ppml
for a 10 day review.  Following that, the proposal and all ppml discussion
would again be reviewed by the AC and again, given no major changes, the AC
would recommend affirmative policy action to the Board.  Given no major
problems during Board review, then the proposal(s) would become policy.

This may seem excessive, but represents the current, open, transparent and
rigorous, policy proposal process.

FYI...

Bill Darte
ARIN AC