[ppml] Alternatives to 2002-3 Wording and Scope - Please Evaluate

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Oct 10 12:49:07 EDT 2003

In a message written on Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 09:01:09AM -0500, Bill Darte wrote:
> 2./  Possible Modified 2002-3 Policy
> 2002-3 Micro-Allocations and Assignments for Multihomed Networks
>
> Multi-homed entities with an ARIN assigned ASN may justify and obtain a
> block of address space with prefix length extending to /22 directly from
> ARIN.  When prefixes are longer than /20, these micro-allocations or
> micro-assignments will be from a reserved block for that purpose.

This would be my choice.  The only thing I would do differently is
removed the first "multi-homed".  That is already a requirement to
get an ASN, so in the current context it's redundant, and although
I think it's very unlikely for the ASN requirements to change in
the future if they do I think those with an ASN should still be
able to get a block, so removing it wouldn't cause an additonal
update to be needed later.