[ppml] Afrinic and so-called sub-regional policies

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Tue Oct 7 23:02:37 EDT 2003

      On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Trevor Paquette wrote:
    > What would stop California or Saskatchewan to say 'We need a
    > special policy that applies just to us'.

Nothing at all.  Which is exactly how the policy-development process is
supposed to work.  If California or Saskatchewan folks believed they had
some specific policy need, _the whole point of the policy process_ is to
ensure that they get a venue in which to have it heard and considered _on
its own merits_ and passed or not, as its merits may justify.

                                -Bill