[ppml] Afrinic and so-called sub-regional policies

Trevor Paquette Trevor.Paquette at TeraGo.ca
Tue Oct 7 14:38:58 EDT 2003

You obviously missed the following keyphrases:

"policy set by and for ARIN should apply to ALL of ARIN, not just a sub-region."

and

"If and when AFRINIC gets going and can actually set their OWN policies, then they can do what they want for their region(s)."

What is being asked is to make a special policy based on an 'exception'.. This is not in the best interest for ALL of ARIN. Again, when AFRINIC can make and enforce their own policies, then by all means bring up 2003-15 to them. In the mean time, as long as 2003-15 is a region specific policy and does not benefit ALL of ARIN, I cannot support it.