[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Fri Oct 3 12:06:33 EDT 2003

Mlawrie wrote:
> It is very difficult from here (Africa) to see any reason why
> exclusinve subregional enfranchising is "extremely harmful" to
> anyone. A subsequent proposal to extend the enfranchised subregion
> will surely stand or fall on its merits at the time, and should not
> be pre-judged at the time that 2003-15 is debated.

Mike, I think this relates to my previous point about economic
empowerment and comes down to the difference between affirmative action
and economic empowerment. My understanding is that affirmative action
has not been much of a success in the US, or in SA. Although very
closely related and often confused, economic empowerment is more narrow
and as I understand is far more of a win/win.

alan