[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Byron Sorgdrager bs at lantic.net
Thu Oct 2 04:26:48 EDT 2003

The way I understand policy 2002-3, is it's design is to give smaller ISP's in
North America some relief. (This would also impact on the African Region of
ARIN).

I know what the smaller ISP's go through (from an African perspective of
course), so in this sense I would support the proposal.

As Calvin Browne mentioned, I don't have ENOUGH of a grasp on how/what the
American Internet politics are like, but I do understand the plight of the
"little guy"....

Based on this understanding alone, I would support 2002-3. But I also support
2003-15, since it directly impacts on African ISP's...

If BOTH can get passed, we ALL win ! I don't however see that 2002-3 and
2003-15 should be linked in any way.

Any other takers for helping not just ourselves, but the Americans as well
(since they ARE trying to help us in return) ?

One last question though, is it too late to add another proposal ? Once that
would include maybe a combination of the best parts out of both proposals?
(just thinking of increasing all of our chances to get what we want/need
passed without delay)

Byron Sorgdrager
(speaking, as usual, for myself)

--
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
                -- Beckett

Scanned by @lantic IS Virus Control Service
This message was scanned for viruses and dangerous content.
@lantic Internet Services (Pty) Ltd. - http://www.lantic.net
eScan for Windows-based PCs - http://www.escan.co.za