[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for th e Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Oct 1 13:53:44 EDT 2003

I absolutely want to echo what Gregory is saying here.  It is not fair
to judge 2003-15 on the lack of vocal support from Africa for 2002-3.

I think that Africa has been largely disenfranchised from the ARIN process
until very recently (possibly as recent as a couple of months ago), and
that has been most unfortunate.

I think we need to judge 2003-15 on it's merits.  I will be very surprised
if the people from Africa do not support 2002-3.  However, 2002-3 only
provides minimal relief, since it only allows for assignments and not
allocations.  Furhter, I think that a combined push for a /22 allocation
policy is needed.  I'm hoping that we can achieve that by amending 2003-15
and getting it passed at the next public policy meeting.

There is another possibility that has occured to me, but, I want to ask
some questions of some AC members before I publish it.  I'll try to get
it out later today or let you know that it was a non-starter.

Owen