[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-15: IPv4 Allocation Policy for the Africa Portion of the ARIN Region

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Wed Oct 1 09:57:45 EDT 2003

> If the problem lies with these monopolies not giving IPs to their
> downstream customers, why are they going to cooperate and route IPs
> allocated from ARIN?

unfortunately, in the past, this has turned out to be a serious
problem with techno-colonialist and monopoly upstreams in africa.
it would be really nice if we could figure out a way to attack
this issue from the top downward, i.e., find a way in process or
policy to 'encourage' them to route the space.

randy