[ppml] Last Call for Comment: Policy Proposal 2003-3

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Tue Nov 18 19:53:22 EST 2003

In a message written on Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 05:28:44PM -0700, John Brown wrote:
> Great then lets make the policy time based.  If in 6 months there
> is a track and proof it goes away.  Just like laws, some have
> sunset clauses, or must be renewed.

The answer to that is simple.

The policy was proposed, and passed without such a provision.  The
time to add to the policy has passed.  Like laws, after they are
passed you can't just magically and easily change them, you must

You can always submit a policy request at the next meeting to change
this policy.

However, I'll go back to the comment I made to Owen.  If you're
going to change the policy, be that add a sunset provision or repeal
it, having data will be useful.  Given the level of support for the
policy I suspect if it has been in place for 6 months and no one
can offer hard evidence of harm that the rehashing of objections
already raised will fall on deaf ears.