[ppml] RIR shopping -- AND MORE

McBurnett, Jim jmcburnett at msmgmt.com
Sat Mar 1 00:03:49 EST 2003

Folks, I hate to say it, but in today's business world if I were to do the
ROI research on the cost of an IP space with a US ISP and put that against
APIC ARIN and RIPE with the cost of meeting the other RIR requirement, and it was cheaper with
less hassle than ARIN I would say bye bye ARIN..
SO I guess we, as ARIN members, need to pull out heads out of the sand and stop imitating
an ostrich and get this right.

If we can't stop nitpicking the policies and push forward,
we may see other RIRs get the customers while ARIN falls behind...

Then after saying this I have a flash back from an email someone else sent earlier..
They were discussing the fact that only a few of us even discuss these
topics on this list and the real work happens at conference..

Well if that is the case- then let's just disband this list.
I know ARIN has quite a few members.. how many receive this list? what is the %?
I look at my ARIN folder and it shows less than 30 that comment on a regular basis..

With this last statement in mind, is it even worth our time to send 50
emails a day with only 6 people involved?

anyway just my 10 cents worth, inflation you know...

Jim

Jim McBurnett
Director of Information Technology
Mid-South Management Company, Inc.