[ppml] IPv4 Allocation stats

Leslie Nobile leslien at arin.net
Thu Jun 19 15:10:03 EDT 2003

Hi Mat-

There is actually a logical explanation for this discrepancy, and yes,
you have done the math correctly.

ARIN issued 3857 /24s in April 2003 that were actually extensions of
previously issued IP blocks.  The web stats account for every /24
allocated during the month, including the extensions.  The ftp site
automatically tracks the IPv4 allocations by the original allocation
date only and therefore, does not record the extensions in the month
that they were allocated.  The extended IP blocks will however, appear
under the date of the original allocation.

If we can answer any other questions, please feel free to contact us by
sending email to hostmaster at arin.net or by sending email directly to me
at
leslie at arin.net.

Regards,