[ppml] A proposal to modify proposal 2003-9 (WHOIS and INADDR access)

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Tue Jun 10 13:41:34 EDT 2003

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, McBurnett, Jim wrote:

> And finally, Policies? if ARIN needs a Policy for everything,
> then how will they every get anything done...
> But honestly, I think this whole topic is about justifing
> workload or preventing workload. let's get the label right.....

What workload??? They already have these zone files as they use them in
the dns server. The "workload" involves setting a cron to copy them
daily to publicly available ftp or web server...

I simply do not understand why ARIN makes some zone files publicly
available already and not others. There seems to be some kind of other
reason (not "workload") behind them not putting the rest of the zone files
up and I'd like to know what it is.