[ppml] back to the IPv6 Policy questions

Barbara Roseman broseman at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 9 15:00:34 EST 2003

At 01:50 PM 1/9/2003 -0600, Mury wrote:

>Barbara,
>
>With all due respect, how can you talk about policy without clarifying the
>"merits?"

Mury,

I wholeheartedly agree that education is a necessary task in the discussion
of IPv6 policy. I simply don't think the ppml is the proper forum for that
education to take place.

I do think ppml is the proper forum for discussing whether the policy as it
exists fulfills the needs of early and long-term adopters. That is
obviously related to the education question since people need to know what
questions to ask, both about the policy and their own network needs.

If we, as the ARIN members, decide that v6 education should become a high
priority for ARIN, then we can take the necessary steps to communicate that
to ARIN staff, and to set up resources for performing the task, or point
people to fora where the education resources are already available. You,
yourself, found many such sites and helpfully posted the urls to this list.

-Barb