[ppml] Draft 2 of proposal for ip assignment with sponsorship

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Feb 27 07:44:13 EST 2003

If the company keeps billing many months after, what makes you think they
would not just answer yes when asked by ARIN if they still sponsor
particular assignment?

I'm not really against audits, but I do not think they will seriously change
how ISP operate and I think this should be more of something ARIN can
do on its own without it necessarily being in the policy itself.

This is really part of a more general problem which I mentioned in comments
of draft1 - in the draft while 1/4 of it talks about what ISPs should do
as sponsors there are absolutly no consecunces for them not doing their
sponsoring duties. I really do not see how to easily deal with it other
then to mention that ISPs that are known not do as they are supposed as
sponsors may not be accepted by ARIN as sponsors for other assignments,
but I did not think this phrase would necessarily change anything either.