[ppml] IPv6 Justifications

Sweeting, John John.Sweeting at teleglobe.com
Tue Feb 25 09:17:38 EST 2003

Sorry, the following was left off: (these are Mury's proposed changes and
they have been officially received by ARIN)

5.1.1
	[under d) add:

	Other oganizations are defined as any customer of the LIR.
	No distinction will be made in terms of number of IP addresses
	required, even if that number is one.

5.8 Allocation for Early Adopters

5.8.1 Waiver of criteria listed in 5.1.1 (d)

	To promote the allocation of IPv6 space the requirment to make 200
	/48 assignments within two years shall be waived for anyone
	requesting IPv6 space before Dec 31, 2004 or until this policy
	is ammended.  In the event that this policy is ammended the
	existing IPv6 space holders shall not be subject to new or
	waived criteria for a period of 10 years from their initial
	allocation date.

5.8.2 Waiver of fees

	a) To promote the allocation of IPv6 space all IPv6 related fees
	shall be waived until Dec 31, 2006 for anyone requesting and
	receiving space before Dec 31, 2004.  In the even that this
	policy is ammended the existing IPv6 space holders shall
	under no circumstances be subject to waived or new fees until
	Dec 31, 2006.

	b) For billing purposes fees will be due according to normal
	ARIN billing policies on Jan 1, 2007.  All early adopters
	will have the same billing date regardless of the date
	they received their allocation.

5.8.3 Micro Allocations

	a) To promote the allocation and deployment of IPv6 all the
	criteria in 5.1.1 shall be waived to those requesting a /48
	micro allocation before Dec 31, 2004, or until this policy
	is changed.  If this policy is changed, current space holders
	shall not be subject to any new or waived criteria.

	b) All fees shall be waived under the same rules listed in
	5.8.2.

	c) Those receiving micro allocations shall not be allowed to
	make further allocations or assignments out of their /48.  It
	is intended for their internal use only.

	d) When possible those receiving micro allocations shall
	return their allocation and receive a new /48 from their
	upstream provider (a LIR).  This is requested in a good faith
	manner until Jan 1, 2007 at which time all micro allocations
	granted under these waived criteria must be returned.