[ppml] List modification

Brian Bergin arin_ppml at comcept.net
Wed Feb 19 13:45:15 EST 2003

At 21:08 18 02 03 Tuesday, John M. Brown wrote:
>if the PPML list is cc'd and not the prime, you
>then have to have multiple rules.

Not in Eudora ;-)  Eudora's filters are much better than Outlook, IMHO, I
have one filter for all mail coming to this list and it works great (the
other solution is to setup an alias like mine so that a simple rule always
works for that alias, though not everyone will have that ability).

>In addition you get multiple copies of the same
>email.
>
>For example:
>
>This email will send to Jim and Owen, plus the list,
>which will send it to Jim and Owen  AGAIN
>
>So Jim and Owen will get this message TWICE, have to filter
>twice and store twice.

Unless you take the time to remove them, which I did here, but won't always
remember to do.  One can always CC or BCC the original sender if they feel
it's necessary, but the important thing for discussion lists like this is
that everyone sees everyone else's input.  2 or 3 chatting back and forth
in private does little to promote discussion amongst others in the list.

IMHO....

Brian