[ppml] List modification

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Feb 19 12:55:46 EST 2003

--On Tuesday, February 18, 2003 7:08 PM -0700 "John M. Brown"
<john at chagres.net> wrote:

> if the PPML list is cc'd and not the prime, you
> then have to have multiple rules.

Or a rule with a "To: or Cc:" clause.  (big deal)

> In addition you get multiple copies of the same
> email.

Yep.  This is useful in some cases.  (Sometimes I want to know that
something in a thread is a reply to what I said instead of  more of
the thread in general.  In those cases, I have different rules for
To: and Cc: which work just fine.)

> For example:
>
> This email will send to Jim and Owen, plus the list,
> which will send it to Jim and Owen  AGAIN
>
> So Jim and Owen will get this message TWICE, have to filter
> twice and store twice.

Yep.  Again, this is useful.

> Having the list set reply-to: to the list reduces this to
> only one email each.  It also ensures that the LIST
> is receiving mail.

No it doesn't, because people still reply-all anyway.

Owen