[ppml] ppml 2002-7

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sun Feb 16 03:54:38 EST 2003

I'm not suggesting that it should be easy or incredibly likely to succeed,
but there has to be a way to deal with the possibility of a grossly abusive
ISP.  If there isn't a documented resolution process, it will invite
litigation.  If there is a documented resolution process within the
community,
the courts will generally take a dim view of efforts to circumvent it
through litigation.

I'm thinking something along the lines of creating a dispute resolution
committee made up of members nominated by the ASO AC from ARIN members
and confirmed by general vote (like the votes for ASO AC members).
The committee could review filed grievances and make a binding ruling.

Thoughts?

Owen

--On Saturday, February 15, 2003 3:12 PM -0500 "McBurnett, Jim"