[ppml] Policy Proposal 2003-11: Purpose and Scope of WHOIS Di rectory

Azinger, Marla marla_azinger at eli.net
Fri Aug 22 12:25:11 EDT 2003

Ok...so I dont get accused of not commenting until I get to the mic at the
conference....here are my concerns....

I'm not sure what to think about this one yet.

1.  Can someone verify if this is or is not supposed to be a seperate list
from all the SWIP Records in the WHOIS database?

2.  In the end...does this policy mean that if I want the End Users and
ISP's that I Re-assign and RE-allocate to will not have their abuse,
technical and whatever else contact info visibile unless I take extra steps
to ensure "I want them visible"?  If this does mean I have to take extra
steps....I give up...because as a person that sends these in daily....I'm
already jumping through to many hoops.

3.  When you mention validating the POC info every three months....is this
to be done with just Direct Allocation from ARIN?  Or do you really mean the
whole WHOIS database?  If its the whole database...and its done in the same
manner it was done this last year by ARIN....where you have to update
records that are really already updated.............Every 3 months is
excessive and I dont see this being easily supported.

Marla Azinger
IP Analyst for:
Electric Lightwave
Frontier Communications