[ppml] Policy Proposal 2002-3: Micro-Assignments for Multihomed Networks

Forrest forrest at almighty.c64.org
Thu Aug 21 14:24:36 EDT 2003

Here's the link to the proposal currently on the ARIN website.

http://www.arin.net/policy/2002_3.html

Personally I'm a little disappointed that the proposal is only to reduce
the minimum to /22, though I suppose with all the opposition against doing
anything at all it was probably done to find a middle ground.

My feelings on this personally are that since the current minimum that
"the internet" accepts is /24, the micro-assignment policy really should
be reduced to /24, especially since LACNIC and APNIC both have
micro-allocation policies that have /24 as a minimum.

Forrest

--
Visit my Commodore 64 Website
http://almighty.c64.org/