[ppml] The WIANA registry

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue Apr 29 06:11:10 EDT 2003

>I do NOT condone this action; nor should ANY ARIN member or
representative.

Last I looked this was not a condition of ARIN membership. Are you
suggesting a policy that all ARIN members must share the same opinions?

>WIANA needs to go through all the proper processes, just like everyone
else. If they do not get what they want >based on their existing
justification, then they need resubmit either asking for less, or change
their >justification. Period. End of Story.

>If they do not, then what is to stop or prevent 'anyone' else from doing
the same.

Nothing. There is nothing to stop them from doing what they have done.

>MAJOR Anarchy! This needs to be stoppped now; before there is no turning
back and a precedent is set.

Sorry, there really is nothing that ARIN or anyone else can do to stop
them.

>(I'd love to just grab an entire Class A to myself..)

Go ahead. There is nothing to stop you from doing this as long as you
don't plan to use it on the global Internet. I know of a company that uses
1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 6/8, 7/8 and 8/8 without registering them.

We need to be realistic here. ARIN is not the Internet police.

--Michael Dillon