[ppml] Re: Independent space from ARIN

Cutler, James R james.cutler at eds.com
Fri Apr 25 05:33:25 EDT 2003

I am a member of the ppml and NANOG lists, among many others.  Over the
years I have found two things:

1.  If I wait to respond, there are at least two others who will essentially
respond with my thoughts, often in better words than I can.  (The ppml list
top twenty contains at least four such participants.)

2.  Responding to the more outrageous and egregious messages usually results
in ad hominum attacks, so I try to refrain from responding to those
messages.

The net result is to be in "Listen Mode" for the most part.  Sometimes, I
have found a new list, tried it, and found the noise level to be too high to
spend any time there.  For NANOG and ARIN lists, I just tolerate the noise
bursts.

-
James R. Cutler,  EDS
800 Tower Drive, Troy, MI 48098