[ppml] Re: Independent space from ARIN

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Thu Apr 24 19:35:08 EDT 2003

In a message written on Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 04:57:29PM -0700, bmanning at karoshi.com wrote:
> > > 1551 posts since that time.  Of the 1893 members, 8% posted on the
> > > list, if all 169 people are members.
>
> 	that might be a big IF

Rather than use the term "members", if you use the phrase "posting
on their employeers behalf" I suspect less than half would qualify.

> > > What would be interesting to know is is that silent majority silent
> > > because they are happy, silent because they are afraid to speak
> > > up, or silent because they simply don't know this list and/or the
> > > meetings exist?
>
> 	Or...  they weigh the percentage of public debate with this
> 	crowd against washing their hair/shaving the dog/getting a
> 	root canal...

True enough.  That should be somewhat easy to tell though, how many
addresses are subscribed to ppml?  If the answer is 169, then they
just don't know. :)  If the answer is 1800 or more, then they are
probably happy (I don't think afraid is likely here, but you never
know).  Someone from ARIN will have to disclose how many people are
on the list though, if they want to make that public.