[ppml] AC resignations in the last few months

Michael.Dillon at radianz.com Michael.Dillon at radianz.com
Tue Apr 22 05:54:22 EDT 2003

>If any other former members of the AC are on this list
>they are free to describe their reasons in whatever level of detail they
>wish, or not at all.

I resigned my position on the AC when I moved to Europe to work for an ISP
(GTS/Ebone) whose operations where about 99.5% within the RIPE region. It
didn't seem right to stay on in that situation. At the time I was already
considering resigning because my work was taking up more of my time that
it had been when I was voted onto the AC.

Now I am working for a global network provider which has somewhere between
40% and 50% of its activity within North America which is why I am once
again interested in ARIN affairs.

Looking at the AC from the outside, I don't see much external evidence of
the effort that goes into the job. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but
it means that we may be incorrectly assuming that the job is easy or the
workload is light. I wouldn't be surprised to find that some AC members
have resigned when they discovered what the job really entails. That's
perfectly normal in an organization like ARIN.