[ppml] Big numbers

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Wed Apr 9 14:55:34 EDT 2003

I thought that the rightmost 64 bits were supposed to be used to store
the
MAC address and related info, so a /64 is like a IPv4 /32 ?

I think that there is no possibility of running out of IPv6 addresses
from shear exhaustion - there are way too many. However, with some of
the schemes I have seen (where the address space is carved up to store
various things) might be in danger of running out.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks