[ppml] 2002-02 Address space allocations for experimental pur poses

John M. Brown john at chagres.net
Wed Apr 9 02:19:58 EDT 2003

RIR's want to do this because they want to be the IANA, at least
for ASN's and IP's..

RIR's wish to take as much control away from IANA, because of the
letters ICANN.  ICANN should be left with letters, not numbers.

RIR's don't believe they are child orgs to IANA, not since Postel
passed away......

I do happen to agree that IANA is the proper and RIGHT place
for experimental allocations.  It would be better received
in the community if ICANN would get a proper CTO.   But thats
a different conversation....

just my $o dot A worth