[ppml] Transition affects business decisions

Jim Fleming JimFleming at ameritech.net
Wed Sep 25 16:31:36 EDT 2002

http://ops.ietf.org/lists/v6ops/v6ops.2002/msg00284.html
From: "Bound, Jim" <Jim.Bound at hp.com>
Transition affects business decisions
"IMO we need to build whatever we build that is new in v6ops with this in mind if we are to be successful and have what we do be
used by the market."

======

For many years, the IETF claimed it was not involved in setting policies that impact business success or failure.
Many saw that as a hypocritcal position, meant to distract people while the IETF people engaged in activities
that attempt to allow some businesses to succeed and others fail. Has the IETF changed from that approach
now that it sees that IPv6 is not selling ?

By the way, how does HP justify all this address space ?
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
015/8           Hewlett-Packard Company                 Jul 94
016/8           Digital Equipment Corporation           Nov 94

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...IPv16 is even closer...
http://www.netfilter.org/
http://www.analogx.com/contents/dnsdig.htm
http://ipv8.dyndns.tv
http://ipv8.yi.org