INTERVIEW comments by Conrad

Trevor Paquette Trevor.Paquette at TeraGo.ca
Mon Sep 23 10:22:58 EDT 2002

Damn good question..

I've always thought that IP space was a luxury, not a right.
I would like to have David Conrad expound on his statments
here..

Speeking of which..

What is ARIN actively doing to RECLAIM IP space??

REAL Example:

Two large Oil and Gas companies recently merged in Canada,
each having their own Class B (Yes.. 'B').. The newly formed
entity now has TWO Class B IP subnets, that I know is NOT
activly being used on the Internet. The company could easily
get away with RFC-1918 space and a few Class Cs for their outside
connectivity.