Encouraging return of legacy space WAS Re: [ppml] ARIN Policy Proposal 2002-9

Uchenna Ibekwe uibekwe at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 3 10:52:25 EDT 2002

Irrespective of IPv6, the return of legacy space will foster better management
of the Ipv4 space, a few points to consider are:
- Legacy IP space allocated to Latin America, considering the establishment of
LACNIC.
- Companies that are longer in operation, but still have Ip space allocated to
them.
- Enables us to build a better and current database in the process.
- Serve as a process to provide forecasts for IPv6 as we would have a better
grasp of usage.