Encouraging return of legacy space WAS Re: [ppml] ARIN Policy Proposal 2002-9 (fwd)

Allen Smith easmith at beatrice.rutgers.edu
Wed Oct 2 15:52:56 EDT 2002

On Oct 2,  3:37pm, Trevor Paquette wrote:
> Actually.. I would be willing to bet just about any amount of money that
> no-one would 'voluntarily' return unused IP space. If a company has it.. they are going to keep it. Period. I challenge someone to prove otherwise..
>
> Chapter 11, etc. does not count; these are companies who are doing well.

Halliburton (/8) isn't doing all _that_ well, and could use some good
publicity (various scandals)... They also really aren't using said /8 - they
haven't even bothered to keep up their contact info, as of the last time I
checked (see http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/detail.php?domain=34.0.0.0/8&submitted=1021848674&table=ipwhois).

	-Allen

--
Allen Smith			http://cesario.rutgers.edu/easmith/
September 11, 2001		A Day That Shall Live In Infamy II