[ppml] ARIN Policy Proposal 2002-9 (fwd)

John M. Brown john at chagres.net
Wed Oct 2 15:46:00 EDT 2002

and when I worked on a project that merged two very
large Banking networks together, it was a PIA.  They
both used the same RFC-1918 space.   The "buying bank"
caused the "bought bank" to renumber.  At the end of the
day, both banks ended up renumbering from 192.168 space
into 10.x space.

There where other issues, like one bank used OSPF, the other
some vendor proprietary routing update protocol.

yes, the quick fix to someones engineering problem isn't within
the scope of the RIR's.