[ppml] ARIN Policy Proposal 2002-9 (fwd)

Newton, Justin JNewton at corp.untd.com
Wed Oct 2 14:57:12 EDT 2002

I do not believe that ARIN has been given the authority by ICANN to do
"forced revocation" of IP space on legacy addresses.  If you believe that
this is something that ARIN should be doing, it should probably be addressed
at the ICANN level, and we can then discuss whether and how we want to
implement that authority here.  In the past anything other than urging
people to return space they are not using has not been something that the
Internet community as a whole has consented to.

Thoughts?