[ppml] Question?

Steve Kent stevek at onshore.com
Fri Nov 29 19:50:28 EST 2002

There is no RR requirement; however, rfc.2142 states that an actively
maintained abuse address must exist. I would suggest you do a whois lookup
on the domain and mail the tech contact. If that fails try the tech
contact for the block. You may also want to file a report with
http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/ Personally, I don't believe the RR should get
involved in policing such things . . .

--sjk

  On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, McBurnett, Jim wrote:

> All,
> I am not sure if this is th proper place or not to ask this but here goes..
>
> When an ISP is given IP addresses are they not required to have the normal abuse@ and security@ and postmaster@ addresses?
>
> I have a security issue with a remote ISP, and they do not have any of these.. only the contact email for IP admin.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> and shouldn't there be a policy on this? if there isn't one already that is...
>

> Thanks,
> Jim

Steven Kent
Senior Network Engineer