[ppml] Last Call for Comment: Policy Proposal 2002-6

Jill Kulpinski Jill.Kulpinski at cw.com
Thu Nov 14 21:50:11 EST 2002

how do i take action against people who don't respond?  i am very pro-active in
making sure our resources are used appropriately, but how do you tell someone
they are not allowed to post a listing, they need to change their listing, or also...
force people to not use these blacklists?  no matter what we do...some joe-shmo out
there could set up a site and put any address he wanted to on a list and market it
to the internet world as a blacklist.  if someone actually trusts and uses this list...
that should be their problem.  BUT i tell a Customer who has a complaint he or whomever
he serves should not use the listing...and i get 'but everyone....even the major providers use it'.
what can i do....for every list that i get some innocent person off of, who is to stop some other
person for putting mr. innocent on another list?
and how am i ever supposed to be able to guarantee to a Customer that no one is blacklisting their space?
it is not possible to provide this guarantee, so what is the solution...and both short term and long term
would be great.

Thanks,
Jill