[ppml] Last Call for Comment: Policy Proposal 2002-6

Taylor, Stacy Stacy_Taylor at icgcomm.com
Thu Nov 14 13:23:27 EST 2002

I think that 12 months to renumber is overly generous.  Organizations
willing to request aggregatable space should be ready to renumber before
they request it.
Also, how will we enforce the move off the numbers?  My current allocation
is extra large by dint of NETCOM promising to renumber and "forgetting" to
give back space.

And, Einar's point about turning in a /16 plus one /24 and getting a /15 in
return is valid one under the current wording.  There is a huge difference
between turning 3 /24s and getting a /22, and his scenario.  We must
safeguard against that.

We should not move forward with this policy as it stands.

Stacy