[ppml] Last Call for Comment: Policy Proposal 2002-5

Einar Bohlin ebohlin at uu.net
Wed Nov 13 19:10:42 EST 2002

Hi,

RE:  Amnesty exchange - more routes

This one looks to me like a legacy B for
a /17 exchange program.

They won't get half of the B back, because
ARIN doesn't assign CIDRs from the "B" ranges.

And then they can take the /17 and use it
at 8 different places successfully (8 /20s in a /17)
which is troublesome to do today with a B and providers
who filter.

Net result is 7 additional routes.

I do think there should be an amnesty policy, but
it'd be like this:

"If you have some nets that you're not using
and would like to return them to ARIN, please do so,
we won't think that you're bad nor hold it against
you for waiting so long to do it."

Regards,

Einar Bohlin
IP Team