ARIN Releases New Website

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Mar 27 11:00:28 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Mark Fowle wrote:

> I think you missed the concept of constructive criticism.
>
> The site looks great, with good a menuing system, whois on the front page
> etc.

That's kind of my point.  I agree the site looks very nice other than the
Opera rendering issue.  It's a much more attractive and aesthetically
pleasing site...but it also looks like it cost alot more to produce than
the previous site.  If you're a business trying to make a good first
impression on potential customers, this makes sense.  If you're a
non-profit running a registry for a captive customer/member base, why go
to the expense?  How much time/$ was spent designing and choosing the new
logo?  Why did ARIN need a new logo?

> I haven't tried the site with any version of Opera, yet, but the site says
> it supports Opera 6+, so if there is a problem it should be a minor one that
> is fixed quickly.
> I must add that I have checked the code and it certainly looks compliant.
> Maybe you should upgrade from the Beta version to the release version 6.01.

I've tried the latest public release of Opera for Linux.  It fails to
render the front page.

 Atlantic Net                |