[ppml] 2002-02 Address space allocations for experimental pur poses

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Thu Dec 12 09:41:14 EST 2002

>From below..........
>
> 2. Technical Coordination
>
> ARIN requires that a recognized experimental activity is able to
> demonstrate that the activity is technically coordinated.
>
>     Technical coordination specifically includes consideration of any
>     potential negative impact of the propsed experiment on the
>     operation of the Internet and its deployed services, and
>     consideration of any related experimental activity.
>
> ARIN will use a designated expert reviewer to review experimental
> activities to ensure that the activity is technically coordinated. The
> reviewer may liaise with the IETF to complete this review.

I believe that the paragraph above could be stated as follows...

ARIN will review planned experimental activities to ensure that they are
technically coordinated.
This review will be conducted with ARIN and/or third-party expertise and
will include liaison with the IETF.

This removes the connotation that 'an expert' will be involved rather than
what is more likely a committee of review.
It also states what is implicit.... that the coordination review will take
place prior to the experimental allocation.

If a continuous liaison with IETF is needed to ensure continuing technical
coordination is supported, then the last sentence could read.....
This review will be conducted with ARIN and/or third-party expertise and
will include continuous liaison with the IETF throughout the experiment.

If this helps, I'm gratified. If not, well.... it was only a tweak anyway.

Bill Darte
ARIN AC