[ppml] Policy 2002-5, different question

John M. Brown john at chagres.net
Tue Dec 3 17:40:04 EST 2002

Another question:

What does this do to the fragmentation of the RIR's address pool?

I can see from a routing table perspective that we ""MAY"" see
better aggregation of routes, but it seems that the RIR may end up
with a large pile of very fragmented space.

Another question:

Does it make sense to only give smaller re-allocs?

If I have 4 /24's out of various swamp locations, and I wish
to return these non-aggregatable /24's for a /22, why can't
I do that ?

That would seem to help route table growth, but add to RIR
fragmentation.