[ppml] Policy 2002-5

Taylor, Stacy Stacy_Taylor at icgcomm.com
Tue Dec 3 14:14:18 EST 2002

Greetings All,

To make good on my campaign promise to make our policies comply with the
standards of the English language, I have altered policy 2002-5.  How do you
like this?

If an organization, whether a member or non-member, ISP or end-user,
relinquishes a larger block of portable address space to ARIN, they shall be
allowed to receive a smaller block, /24 or shorter, in exchange.   The
organization will not be required to justify their use of the new, smaller
block.  The organization must return the block to be exchanged within 12
months.  ARIN staff shall, at their discretion, determine whether the
smaller replacement block shall be a subnet of the returned block, or a
block allocated from some different range.
If any of the relinquished blocks had associated maintenance fees, then the
new block will be subject to the appropriate fees for that block size.
Likewise those without maintenance fees shall remain so.

I am also interested in continuing the discussion on the relative merits of
this policy.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Stacy