Policy Proposal 2001-1

Mury mury at goldengate.net
Tue Sep 25 15:07:57 EDT 2001

In my opinion, which not everyone appreciates, if I'm going to SWIP
network assignments I may as well SWIP them all.  It isn't all that labor
intensive.  Especially if you do it automatically.  We have it
semi-automated.

If the reasoning is to stop SWIPing home user networks, then that should
be the criteria, not the size of the block.  While I think home users
should be SWIPed, it should be noted that a lot of home users are very
sensitive about their information (address, phone number, etc) being
available so easily on the Internet.

Mury
CEO
GoldenGate Internet Services
763-784-2800

* The Twin Cities Largest Locally Owned Internet Provider              *
* Multiple DS3s and POPs for Redundancy                                *
* DSL, T1s, DS3s, ISDN, Web Hosting, Colocation, Web Design, and more  *