Policy 6 - Single organizations with multiple aggregation poi nts

Bill Darte billd at cait.wustl.edu
Wed Oct 31 08:41:05 EST 2001

-----

ARIN should not be involved in deciding if "[an] organization must have
compelling reason for creating discrete networks."

Change "must" to "should"?
Remove this requirement?

I am in favor of removing this section as it is the companies option to
choose a single or multiple maintainer strategy and ARIN accomodates that
strategy.

-----

"Organizations with 'multiple maintainers'  should request that the
policy
apply to their accounts"

This was intended to be a suggestion not a requirement.
Is the language still too strong?
Remove this requirement?

I believe that the statement should read that "Organizations may, at their
discretion, choose to consolidate multiple maintainers."

-----

Is 50% a good number to evaluate over all allocations, when returning to
ARIN for additional address space.

I believe that the 50% overall hurdle is appropriate.

-----

My apologies if I missed your comments.

Andrew