spike in ARIN IP allocation in Jan 2001

Louis Lee louie at equinix.com
Mon Oct 29 11:07:30 EST 2001

Leslie,

Thank you for your Joint RIR Statistics presentation at the public policy
meeting this morning.  I look forward to reviewing slides when they get
posted to the ARIN website.

I noticed that there was a spike in ARIN IP allocation in January 2001 (and
maybe another spike just a couple of months before).  While I have a number
of guess why this may be, I was wondering if you have any insight for the
reasons behind the spike(s).  I don't think the other RIRs experienced a
similar spike.

Thanks,
Louie
Louis Lee                                       louie at equinix.com
Network Engineer                             office: 650/316-6162
Equinix, Inc.                                   fax: 650/298-0420
http://www.equinix.com/