Just to clarify

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Tue Jan 16 11:31:06 EST 2001

Hello,

> I'm not referring to the time ARIN gives the upstream to
> respond to its
> request.  I'm referring to the time ARIN requires the
> downstream to give to
> the upstream prior to its involvement.

We would like the petitioning organization to wait for at least
a few business days before contacting ARIN.  If the petitioner
does not receive a response from their upstream provider and
contacts ARIN, it is likely a week will have passed before ARIN
contacts the upstream provider.

Richard Jimmerson
Director of Operations