Just to clarify

Richard Jimmerson richardj at arin.net
Tue Jan 16 10:34:21 EST 2001

Hello Mark,

> Two things to clarify: how long must a petitioning
> organization wait after
> contacting its upstream provider before contacting ARIN directly?

We would like the petitioning organization to wait for at least
a few business days before contacting ARIN.  As stated before, ARIN
will wait 10 business days when we contact the upstream provider
ourselves.

> Can SWIPs be modified by the upstream to change directly from
> S to A, or is
> the upstream required to delete the assignment and then create a new
> allocation?

At the upstream provider's request, ARIN will modify their reassignment
record from S to A without multiple SWIP template submissions.  We
will require this request be documented via email before we will make
the change, however.

Richard Jimmerson
Director of Operations