Just to clarify

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Jan 4 14:17:52 EST 2001

first, i want to express my deep appreciation for your taking this to the
public lists.  getting open community discussion and buy-in is important.

> Apparently, there have been some upstream ISPs that have assigned some
> networks via SWIP, where later the downstream comes back saying it should
> have been an allocation, ie they want a maintainer id so they can
> assign/allocate further on down.

my two scents.  you need agreement of the assigning up-stream.  send an
email to the listed poc(s).  an approval is an approval.  no response in two
working weeks, i.e. not for example over ramadan high days, is an implicit
approval.

randy