Just to clarify

John Crain crain at icann.org
Thu Jan 4 14:02:28 EST 2001

I would probably go for not changing peoples data but having a standard
reply that tells them to contact their upstream and Cc:'s the upstreams
contact so that a) they have the email address and b) the upstream is aware
that they requested a change.

I don't think ARIN should be put in the situation that it has
to correct all ISP mistakes in the database. The ISP's should be responsible
for what they swip.

If they annoy their customers by making these mistakes and then have to
repair them themselves they may learn to be more careful about swipping
correct data.

JC
All opinions expressed are strictly my own.
Unless someone willing to pay me for them?